If your property has a wood burning stove or an open fire it’s important to remember that anything that uses an open flame can present a risk to the property if it’s not operated or maintained properly. Chimney fires can cause a lot of damage to a property and you could risk your own life by failing to make sure that your fire is kept clean and that you’re using the right fuel.
If your property has a chimney fire and particularly if you have more than one chimney fire your local fire brigade can charge you a call-out fee for coming to put the fire out. Certain types of property insurance will be void if the chimney isn’t regularly swept and maintained as it poses a risk to the property.
Ultimately it’s about peace of mind and knowing that you can enjoy your fire for what it is whilst minimising any risk to your family, you or your property. A clean chimney will work efficiently and safely so you can save money on fuel and feel safe enjoying the warmth.
We issue certificates for every chimney we sweep and we keep copies on file so that if the worst should happen and you lose your copy, there is always one to hand for insurance / clerical purposes should you need one. We highlight any issues that we’ve spotted as well as the remedies that we have used and if there is an issue we cannot solve we will give you the details of someone who can.
What an uncleaned chimney / flu can do:
- Become blocked very easily
- Reduce draw and efficiency of fire
- Fill with flammable materials
- Catch fire
- Not allow carbon monoxide to escape
What a clean chimney / flu WILL do:
- Provide an efficient burning system
- Ensure smoke and carbon monoxide leave the property
- Provide peace of mind
- Easy access for Santa
If you or someone you know has a wood burning stove, open fire or even a boiler system / cooker that uses a flu please make sure that you or they are having it regularly cleaned by a qualified professional. For more information please get in touch with us!